1. Michelle Yeoh wore the iconic engagement ring from Crazy Rich Asians on the Golden Globes red carpet. It’s actually her ring — she told E!, “This is my own ring; it was such a character in the film, so it had to be instantly recognizable. The color green is about life, prosperity…and with Eleanor, since she’s so particular, I knew the ring that she would wear.”
2. Zendaya loved a spider look throughout her Spider-Man: No Way Home press tour, but perhaps one of her most memorable looks was this webbed Valentino gown paired with a superhero mask.
3. Zendaya is no stranger to referencing her movies on the red carpet — she’s previously given us ringmaster for the Mexican premiere ofThe Greatest Showman.
4. Scarlett Johansson’s rings to the Avengers: Endgame world premiere were inspired by Thanos’ glove. They were a gift from Colin Jost, made by Sonia Boyajian, and the centerpiece can be worn as a pendant.
5. Brie Larson also went for a gauntlet-inspired design, made by Irene Neuwirth, with a large bracelet acting as the center stone.
6. Brie Larson also added the Marvel flair throughout her Captain Marvel press tour, such as with a custom “Captain” Edie Parker clutch. You can actually make yourself one via the Edie Parker website, but it will set you back a cool $1,095.
7. HER’s Dundas outfit to the 2021 Oscars was a nod to Prince’s 1985 Oscars look, but the embellishment on the hood was a shoutout to her song from the Judas and the Black Messiah soundtrack, “Fight for You.”
8th. Carrie-Anne Moss’ custom Oscar de la Renta gown paid homage to the iconic matrix digital rain computer code. If you look closely, the stitching reads “Oscar de la Renta.”
9. Lupita Nyong’o brought the horror movie vibes to many a red carpet while promoting usdirectly referencing the movie with a ring adorned with scissors to the New York premiere.
10 Elle Fanning’s bloody Gucci moment at the Maleficent: Mistress Of Evil premiere was, of course, a reference to Sleeping Beauty.
11. Lily James gave her Cinderella shoes a shout-out with a red carpet (and non-glass) Louboutin version, as well as a Charlotte Olympia clock bag.
12. Also on the Disney train, Emma Watson’s Oscar de la Renta jumpsuit gave a nod to the enchanted rose via a rose pin at the hip. If you look closely, you can also see gold leaves woven throughout her hair.